Saturday, August 06, 2005

Mista work-too-much...

...have been around the last two weeks:( At least this last one... On thursday I was at work from twelve in the morning until six the next morning! Not a thing I would like to repeat..

This weeks concerts have been james blunt, junip, mao and dee rangers with mobsmen. Monday was James Blunt; I was opening at mono and it got relly crowded as the artist was hyped overdimensionally by britsh media as he topped both charts in the uk. The music wasnt bad, but nothing really noteworthy either. Just plain singer-song writer thingey...

Tuesday I had the day off, but ended eventually twice at work in need of cigarettes(I forgot to pay the first time...)

On wednesday I worked double, first opening the bar, then as bandcontact. The band was really great, Junip that is, and had a fabulous version of bruce springsteens "ghost of tom joad". The drummer had a fanatastic style adding noise to what otherwise could have been pretty boring stuff, and with great succsess as this made it a really exciting experience. Not very far from the red house painters...

Pretty hung over after wednesday, I overslept(only ten mins...) thursday morning. I was supposed to be at work helping Mao out as band contact at twelve but woke up 11.45. After a panic-get-up-and-the-hell-out waking I managed to be at mono ten past twelve. The band was cool, happy happy joy joy country, but not entirely my style. They left the audience with huge grinns after two extrashows. After that the place was totally crowded, and I had to get in and help out at the back door. I dont know, but its not very reasuring when the people who watch the door is pretty drunk, and still drinking(I got free beer for helping out...). Then it was suddenly closing hour and I had to help out closing as well... After the shift(about five) we had the last beer, and I decided to give away my alarmclock to sofie. That ugly yellow noisey bastard shall never-ever bother me again!!! So long sucker!!!

Yesterday I was working at the cover. Dee ranger(pretty boring garage rock band from sweden) was playing, with mobsmen(the surf rock band of petter our sound technician) as support. Very loud and not great... My ex-girlfriend and her sister showed up in the middle of the concert, which was pretty nice as she wasnt acting totally weird this time. After work and a beer with them I went home, or at least tried to. On seven-elleven I met tage, sverre and miskas brother, and the trip went to blå. There I met like ten thousand familiar faces and stayed untill closing hours. Today is doing nothing-except-win-the-lottery-day....

2 comments:

DCveR said...

At least you are not pushing pencils...

Im so angry, Im so at ease said...

Hehe! Youre right on that one! Id rather be dumpsterdiving than having a 9-5 job... Ive tried that and got lost in sausagewood