Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Damned I could...

...not sleep anylonger, even if Im insanely drowsy. Perhaps I slept to much yesterday, as I didnt get out of bed the entire day. So the day was spend in front of the computer, watching two hole seasons of simpsons, re-encoutered blade runner and barfly, and saw a weird "documentary" about ghost and encounters with these... Lazy day off:)


On monday the far right politicians from the so-called"democrats" got chased away from a central square in Oslo. After cutting the cable to their sound system, the parti-leader got bombed with eggs, and chased away under high yells "no racists on our streets!"

Vidar Kleppes party is extreemly hostile towards immigrants, especially non-western. Their latest absurd statement was that the government should uphold our home defence army (its a volunteer part of the military, where the soldiers keeps machineguns at home in case of war... ) to prevent an islamic invasion of norway wich they claim is going on. They are against rights for homosexuals, against abortion, extreemly pro-Israel (this is the weirdest statement as many of the partymembers have pasts from different nazi groups in norway...), and pro increased police budgets as a sollution to almost all problems in community.

In the last post, dcver, commented that he was against banning neo-nazis from demonstrating or take away their freedom of speech. To that I agree, I dont think laws will do anything good to the struggle against nazism or racism. I believe that people should use direct action and civil disobediance to chase these bastards from the streets. No one is satisfied in a community where right wing assaults and harassment becomes an everyday part of our lives. Neo nazis represents a constant threath to immigrants, homosexuals and different minded people, and then I think taking action for each other as individuals, and groups, to chase them away by any means necesary, is the only sollution.

Anyway, no music for today as theres some problems with uploading, but I got some for you later:) Gotta get more cofee and a shower. Working double again... I really need to hit them lottery numbers big time...

3 comments:

DCveR said...

Guess my stand on this issue goes without saying: by chasing them, throwing stuff at them and generally being violent towards those people, all moral superiority is lost.
You claim extreme right groups to be like nazis in the sense that they discriminate against all that is different. True. You discriminate against them. If you can discriminate you can't complain about their discrimination. It's a Catch 22 situation, if you don't fight they may win, if you fight you loose your strongest argument.

Im so angry, Im so at ease said...

Well, I agree to the moraly wrong-part, and the catch. But I see this as a necesity; I can pick up a fight, and by that way choose to be part of the conflict. Randomly chosen immigrants and homosexuals didnt choose, and ends up as victims to nazi-violence. I think its more important to take care of the community, than to protect some fucked up peoples right to terrorize others at random. But I totally see your point. As I see it its a chioce between two "bads", I also think my choice is "bad", but it has prooved to be the most efficient one. Sadly...

DCveR said...

I don't pick up fights defending 'minorities' because I've already learned my lesson. The problem we've been having here is that those 'minorities' tend to accuse everybody of racism/sexism/discrimination if they don't get things the way they want. Like when you don't hire a guy because you need someone fluent in german and english and your candidate speaks only bad portuguese and creoule and a couple of days later you find he's filling charges against you claiming you didn't hire him because he is black. After some time seeing that kind of thing happen I've decided to pick my fights only when they really ARE mine.