-Help, Ive got this itch in my fingers! wheres my blog!?!Well, yesterday was kind of weird; starting out by waking up too early, wasting alot of time on rome-total war/total reality, and after washing clothes at work I ended up with Ronny, a photgrapher (ill give you the link if hes got one, saw his portofolio last night; awesome!) friend of Espen, on the Chicks on speed (here with "we dont play guitars") concert at blå. Was fun to be back again meeting all the people I used to work with, but havent seen in yonks... The concert was great too:)
Some other music for the day; Cloud cult`s "princess bride" & "as long as youre happy" from their "aurora borealis" album(2004). Heres "state of the union" as well, Cloud cults comment on the current american politics. its from the same album. While we're at anti-americanism you should check out protest records homepage, alot of crappy song but a handful good ones, totally free:) Pedro the lion also had something to say about the current us policies; "political science" from the latest "tour ep". Also found lots of nice bands today, and its not even noon yet:) Among these were this nice rock band; Calla. Here with their "strangler" from "televise", and dont miss the amazing pilots with "I dont know where you are" from "hello my captor". Mobius band with "you are wrong" from "the loving sound of static". Mark Lanegan`s "cant come down" from the "bubblegum" album. I also got my hands on this one; Anita lane's "sex o'clock". "The petrol wife" is grand, and "the next man that I see"... Plus the first "bella ciao"-version I liked since I was a small kid and my mom took me to all these communist gatherings she frequently attended. After finding all this grand stuff, I discovered that Maria Taylor of Azure ray ("these white lights will bend to make blue") has made a solo-album; "11.11". Here she is with "nature song", her voice is just perfect for a rainy day inside the head. After that I even found out that Orenda fink, marias co singer from azure ray, also came with a solo project; "Invisible ones". Its more rockish than taylor's album, but her voice is also outstanding. Here with "miracle worker". As this got me into Azure ray mode; ill give ya "new resolution"(TPSmix) from the "new resolution ep" & "while Im still young" from "burn and shine".
From todays media I found this:o These scientist ought to stuff their money up somewhere!
Sad news though; Emil's snickarboa has been burned to the ground. For those who dont know him; Emil is the figure from Astrid Lindgrens books. Shes also the author of pippi longstockings. Emil is a little kid who does alot of mischief and cool pranks to entertain himself to his suroundings (mainly his father) great annoyance(dont know if this is a word, but you get the message...). Anyhow, the snickarboa is the place he can lock himself inside, to hide from his fathers anger. Sadly someone decided to let it go up in smoke:(
Saw "orwell rolls in his grave" yesterday. Spooky stuff about the media, and its effect on politics in the us. Michael Moore had this really good statement that was something like this; ...we have a system that spends 99% of its energy and its money to serve the 1% richest persons in this country. Still you go round waveing your flags -we are free!-we are free! Whats wrong with you guys!?!" They also had some interesting points on the future of the internet... A must-see!

Later tonight Im working; its this "lucky strike-party"(!). Think its gonna be hellish, fucking commercial event with everything for free; free cigarettes, free bar, free promo-stuff, and free polluting your mind with our-brand-is-the-best-crap as they realease the original soft package. Perhaps we'll get some too... Anyhow, this may go two ways with the tip; 1) damned lousy as people dont bring their valuts to the bar...2) really good as people dont pay for anything else... Hopefully the latter... The Only cash I got is 1,- coins spread across the floor along with bottle caps, marbles, buttons etc(I aquired a new slingshot...) and some bottles for refund...
I downloaded this movie from piratbay... Its supposed to be a ghost of a little girl in there, but I cant see it... Ive tried over and over to get a glimpse, but I cant seem to fetch what this guy is so afraid of... Where the heck is it?

7 comments:
Guess I can bet you those guys are probably right. Though I don't have that amount of cash...
Well, my point is this; I cant see the fact that these guys money is anything at all against the future of our children and grandchildren. This is a risk that I am not willing to take, nor the most scientist Ive read about, or most of my friends. It would be as myself putting my head on a platter and state that racism will be dealt with in a hundred years or chop off my head... Hopefully it will happen by itself as our community is transfering into an international one, but my head is totally worthless if the bet turns wrong. I see this as betting on a horoscope or some utopia thingey... Sorry; the only ones that earns on this, in my eyes daredevil, statement is the oilcompanys and people profitting from them... As most of the scientists denieing global warmig does. This they seem to do in the extreemly scientific approach of belief... I think the last scentence speaks for itself...
Well these guys are probably doing the wrong thing, however they got one thing so far: publicity.
When a russian scientist can't join the big EGU conference last April in Vienna because he has no money that can be a way of getting someone to pay attention to him.
Good Half is finishing her PhD in oceanography and climatic models (and she got the chance to present her work in Austria) so I get to talk with several people that work in the atmospheric sciences field, and thus far the conclusion I can take is that nobody really knows how much of the climate changes we are looking at is really worth worrying and how much is just a small variation. Also if there is a real change nobody really knows how much influence man has on it and how much is due to normal cycles. It is true that we are gambling our children's future on this. It is true that both in Rio and Kyoto scientists agreed even without knowing the real effects on climate we should be more respectful of this planet, but the fact is there is no conclusive evidence of either global warming due to human activity nor of cyclic climatic changes.
I would make that bet too... if I had an extra $10,000... But making a bet like that is a bit of a waste. It doesn't prove anything, and doesn't help anything.
I must admit, I'm one of the skeptics. This planet has been coming out of an ice age for the last 10,000 years or so. What happens when you come out of an ice age? It gets warmer. If the polar ice caps want to melt, they'll melt. We can't prevent it, so we should get ready to adapt.
It can't hurt to be more considerate of the planet though. We do have to live here after all...
Post a Comment