Thursday 10th; Was working during the night, as
French Kissers where playing, or rather trided to play agig, while monodelica was spinning the decks. Everything that could go wrong went straight to hell! Lots of incidents; thefts, people causing troble, the power went off after the band peformed three songs, and came back so the band could finish up with one more. Great band, Norwegian electronica in french:) After some fights, an old un veteran with total paranoia went postal, and some incident with one of our regulars, miss hellish had lost her purse. So we had to listen to her whineing for an hour after closing time... I fist helped her bloc her creditcard, cellphone, and the opportunity to get a cab. After that I told her that she ought to report it to the police in order to get the insurance money to get a new cellphone; Then, really polite, I told her that we needed to finish up work, as we didnt want to stay there the entire morning. This turned me into a hell of a cynical bastard with no empathy at all, and the other guys at work was even worse. God I love when beeing helpfull makes you the target of the violateds anger....Friday 11th;Was working the entire night, wich actually past by pretty slack; the place was stuffed but no stress in the bar, and no, nada, nothing trouble:) We didnt even have to throw out anybody at all!!! The scottish band The Very was playing; it was perfect for the evening; staright forward punk rock at its best!
Saturday 12th;Woke up totally hung over, and managed to swap my shift. Totally happy and planning to win the lottery, I had to go to work myself not a million richer....
Sunday 13th; Elias Jung was playing, and the day started up pretty early as I was band contact. The guys from Tromsø, seemed pretty nice and the gig went smooth. Here they are with "silence, come please me" and "brother, you're dear" Nice evening, and I managed to do some "decent" drinking as well:)
Monday 14th; I was working as band
contact for white lord jesus. The band was one of the first goth bands from norway, and consists of Tristan Christ (Arvid Skancke-Knutsen), one of our regulars, and Tognazzi (Thomas Robsahm). This was the first time the band has played live in 20 years, so after the longest soundcheck ever, the band delivered a great concert and managed to get a lot more people than expected. Karl Petter also came by to watch the show and have a few beers. Then we got haunted by two very annoying guys from the southern part of norway(aka the bible belt...shrug!). We managed to get pretty pissed, but I had to leave kp alone, as these guys got too annoying.... Sorry about that one:PTuesday 15th; was Delawares showcase for BMG. Some misscomunications resulted in some vile janitors furious anger upon my very person.... This ended up with threats of 25grand in fines for violating the agreement with the landlord (oh yeah, lets lynch him! He owns like half the town, and is not an ideal worker if you get the drift...). Things seemed to settle and everybody was eternally happy after the gig(at least throughout the evening...). Except for some janitor who didnt answer his phone...
Wednesday 16th; was pretty eventful, first I was opening the bar, then there was litterature evening with five authors, and then King Midas prez; this english berliner known as Casa electro nova, total entertainer; if he had been a tv-shop host Ild probably buy everything they had to offer.... Spooky but really fun:) After that I got abit tipsy, and managed somewhat to make out with blind-dategirl, again.... Not very clever I guess...
Thursday 17th; The unbelievable thing finally happened; A day off!!! I slept for hours, saw lots of futurama, and played wow, and banged my head against the wall with anxiety after the blind-dategirl incident...
Today, friday 18th; Started out with a wake up to a call from Øyvind, who is staying for the weekend:) Started to clean up some of the mess I made throughout the week... Shit, gotta do some laundry, cut my hair and shave, then it would probably be smart to toss myself in the washing machine as well.... Anyhow; working tonight, and then theres this Wolf parade gig at garage tomorrow:) Its gonna be swell! I also got a phone from work asking me to sit in the "Zoom 2006" jury in runars place for mono; you can listen to the finalists on this page:)

3 comments:
Hell of a week. At least you had time to sneak some Futurama in there.
yeah busy week- had a busy week too-
bar picture! yea! i see a filled cavity in your tooth :)
hey- you didn't say anything about the blind date girl? what blind date girl? !!
Viking; Yeah, hard but fun:)
Ale; You better take advantage of that wave of yours!
Well, Im very good at collecting those...
Ive written about her in several previous posts (always runs into her again and again for some reason), dont know if I called her that, though.
Post a Comment