
...called me has been on high speed and total overdrive; wich means again no posting in about a week (thanks for reminding me bunny george). So, now its tuesday morning and almost sober, in a weird turning into hung-over mode I'll try to summarize last week. Not an easy task as there has been loads of stuff going on...
Monday 27th; Tilly and the wall
Some how pretty shaked up after cleaning out all my childhood stuff at mom's and then the very spookey concert (still not able to find any of it on the net, dcver), I went to Mono to grab a beer. As I met up with Njål and Gunnar, I suddenly remembered that Tilly and the wall was playing at rock bottom, a very nice indie-pop band from the states. So me and Njål went to the gig. The band had no drummer, but used a stepper instead, wich were placed on a podium next to the two female singers. This was the first concert where the band hadn't been the support band, and after abuot 30 mins they seemed pretty insecure on what to do, but they played a full hour, and it was great! You can check their own blog here, and listen to their songs over here. And my favorite "nights of the living dead". The band was supposed to play at mono but there had been some double booking, and the band ended up on the "wrong" stage, in my oppinion...
Tuesday 28th; Ornand Altenburg
Working as band contact for Ornand Altenburg Trio, a pretty good band, but not entirely up my alley, so I wont write about them. Afterall a nice evening without the huge events.... Man this part became boring:)
Wednesday 1st; My first day as booking guy and Beezewax on stage
As my boss (the one doing the booking) has left for a festival in Canada, I was supposed to step in and do the stuff he usually does. It suddenly occured to me why the guy is allways busy on some phone or mail, and now I became this guy. Hundreds of small details production and tour managers are concerned about, fixing everything to get the concerts going, loads of info and deals wich at least has two or three other guys involved, and making sure that stuff is being done. After two days I'd spend more time on the phone than I usually do in a month... This night was a showcase for Beezewax, a kind of emoish pop band wich has existed for years with different constallations. The concert went well except the start where I suddenly had to be at three places at the same time; the stage, behind the lights, and fetching guys who was supposed to be on stage. With the place filled to the brim, it was a pretty improbable project, but after the concert both the band and audience seemed pretty pleased. My credit card at work exceeds 600NOK...Thursday 2nd; Johnossi, Serena Maneesh, and I hate guitar amps,
This day started out with the band coming to early, this was no problem as I started ealier as well. After a coffee the band was asking for beer; at last some real rockers! (Lately the artists haven't even drunk up the beercase brought to their dissposal...). Johnossi, a very loud swedish duo, proved to be really nice guys as we sat around waiting for the guitar amp, chit-chating about this and that. When the amp finally came, it prooved, after half an hour to be of no use; no reverb... So I had to fetch another asap. I finally got hand on one wich arrived about 5 mins too late to have an ordinary soundcheck, and this also prooved to be worthless to the guitarist, so about four I finally got a suitable amp. After that the band played smooth, but loud as hell. Check it out here. So, as if that wasn't enough ear-beating, serena maneesh was playing at John Dee, the concert was sold out, but I managed to get a pass from Eivind in the twelveth hour:) I my eyes the band delivered grand, but the sound was too low, so it lost some of the aspects of that beatuful noise. The light "show" was total crap, Two of the bandmembers didnt even get a ray of light during the entire concert. After that I had to finish up at work, and taste some of that fernet branca.... My creditcard exceeds 1000NOK....Friday 3rd; Total day off...(almost)
Played "office at home" a few hours to sort out next week, and then got lost in the world of warcraft. Not a toenail outside the door:)
Staurday 4th; uh....
Whatever happened on saturday, I think I need help to remember... Think I hit town a bit too early...
Sunday 5th; Insanely tired, and moving mom
Damned, I had serious difficulties sleeping last night. Dead broke and tired as fuck I was going out to nesodden to help my mom pack her stuff. She's into a really heavy depression as she has sold her house and is moving to an appartment on the other side of the peninnsula. We managed to do quite a bit, but what is frightening is that she's throwing everything away. It's kind of weird; old stuff that have been in the familly for centuries, and she suddenly don't want them anymore. Even some of the things my Grand(x3)grand father built in the 18th century. I know she wants a "fresh" start from my used-to-be stephfather, but why getting rid of this other things. Even an old cabinet she has had in her room/home since birth. Though I lack the room for them, I had to bring them home, just to take care of them. So I'm twisting and turning my home trying to make some room... I really like the things, but I think it's some strange behaviour from mom, and I can't get rid of the thought that something is wrong. I know she concidered suicide before, but that was during some turbulent period about ten years ago, and then we talked about it. Now she's got a new job she likes, enjoys being a grandmother to my niese, have a more active social life than the last 20 years, and it seems everything is heading for the better, but I still got this uneasy feeling...
Monday 6th; Opening at work wonder wether tonights artist will show up
Got some amounts of sleep, actually almost twelve hours. Dreamed shitloads of weird stuff after the packing session yesterday. So pretty tired from too much sleep, I opened at work, wich prooved to be a slack one. Not even a rush before nine. Geoff Berner, the whiskey rabbi, was playing. After being unable to reach him to agree on soundcheck times, and stuff, I still havent spoken to him when the clock past nine... So when I was about to call up Mir and ask if he was there drinkin whiskey, he finally arrived to deliver a grand show:) By now my creditcard has got itself house-arrest throughout the month for intollerable and abusive behaviour...
Today; Playing "home office" again
Had a slow start, sorting out some booking details, and discovering some new skills my mailaccout claim to have achieved. A slight headache after yesterdays concert. Anyhow, I'm tired of writing, and have to clean up after re-furnishing the home...

3 comments:
Hehehehe being in charge is actually harder than it sometimes seems, huh?
well, if you count hard as holding yourself on a string... The hardest part of being in charge, it shows is not multitasking but the fact that there are boring moments, so dealing with those waiting hours and utterly boring times seems to be the issue here; how can I make the wait worthwhile?
Bring a good book :)
Post a Comment