Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's amazing...

...how many freaks that are able to drop by during an hour... Last night was a pretty calm one. At first there was this literature thingey called "windowshopping". The concept is pretty interesting, as it is seen as an opponent to the commercializing of the public space, by instaling art in "unused" spaces. Spaces that don't fall into the category of money earning, and is therefore left empty. This part of it was useing empty shops projecting litterature on the wall, viewable from the outside for passersby. It's a cool project, but to hear the same text beeing read loud doesn't make the same impact....

After that Low frequency in stereo was playing. A very good (indie)-rock band from norway. As I was working in the bar, it was kind of hard to follow the concert as much as I wanted, but they are playing at Blå on the 1st of april.

Then about two'o'clock things turned weird; an african guy so drunk he poured he's beer over his head trying to blame some mysterious guy disappearing into the lavy, then tried to steal a new beer from another guest, so I told him he had to go, and followed him to the back entrance. Then he turns around and I expected a quarrel for throwing him out, he gives me a huge hug! After that a guy from my high-school days, was totally and utterly out on booze and something else, starts to make himself the next get-the-hell-out-of-here target. Then at the same time, a guy I used to know, now a junkie, falls in through the door utterly wasted falling half-unconcious while eating pizza. After he's tossed out, this guy from high-school makes a number again. So a few diplomatic attempts wich prooved to fail and another girl falling around too drunk, me and Merete had to take care of one each. Man, I should check my connections, why do I know all these people? Then there's suddenly some noise from the mensroom (its about two squaremeters in total...) and I find five guys in there, two in a fight on the floor. How the heck is that possible?!? It's to small to be four guys in there, and how they managed this is a mystery to me. After a few secs we had them parted and got them out one after another...

Gotta head for some breakfast....

3 comments:

Mike said...

Long night. The things we do for beer, and the things beer does for us! At least you got a hug out of it.

bunnyjo georg said...

All I can say is, a guy who wakes up rather frequently under a desk should not be surprised about drunk former comrades who come frothing into the local watering hole where he bartends! Look, I wish I could be a fly on the wall in your life. It would provide my writer's mind with a plethora of good stuff to draw on when my quill seems limp. ;)

Im so angry, Im so at ease said...

haha, well, I haven't written the worst memoirs yet:D Youl'd better be ready, but I'll try to keep this update anyway:)