Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wow, its been...

...ten days already!?! Well time has spinned pretty fast lately but now I've ended up at home not moving a toenail outside since sunday. Spend the last two days with grand costume movies and escapeing through the world of warcraft, trying to detox my earthly remains... As you can guess there's been another festival:)

This time it was by:Larm in Tromsø, loads of bands, loads of more or less known faces, some food and loads of beer. The highlight, for my part was Animal Alpha, wich I saw two times, meeting Richard Hell (television, Richard Hell and the voidoids), The white birch, and ping. The program was filled with concerts I didn't managed to attend as I was working for the festival newspaper, so I had pretty much to reach over during the evenings. But on the other hand, it was good to have something to hang my fingers on; else it might have been shorter evenings; drinking beer too fast and early topping it with some fernet branca and swoothc out into nowhere... And , just an advice; It's very clever to have a proper housing arrangement (or at least a half desent one and batteries on your cell phone) in advance going to a "city-festival", espescially in wintertime... This festival in Tromsø has been the best festival I've attended in a city centre, Tromsø is small, but still has a huge amount of pubs and scenes in a fairly small area, it tok about a 5 min. walk between the two most distant stages. And be sure to have good time for airport security if you have to transport a 35cm plexi-glas sylinder with loads of wire and something that looks like a detonation device in your backpack insisting on bringing it inside the cabin:)

Ok, I'll try to summarize from last sunday;
  • Sunday 5th; Well, was pretty hung over from work, abit tired and pretty curious on who it was I had agree to date on the Death cab concert. So after a Fernet and a beer I went over to Rockefeller, and met up with Børge, and... of course a perifere friend of both my ex and a friend of my flatmates ex! Haha, not a big city:) So as that was kind of not gonna happen, but it was a decent concert (I've had a few difficulties in actually likeing the band, something is very good, but there is a hatch somewhere...), and after we drank some whiskey at cacadou, and ended up sneaking in front of the line at work. Afterall a nice evening.
  • Monday 6th; As I didn't attend the heroes for zeroes concert, and nothing really happened this day I'll clear up the note to self about not stealing a ladder before dateing, from the last post. This was my first blind-date, and happened a week before I started blogging I think. Anyhow, this date was like a return favour for a friend who had been on a date with a friend of this girl, so I was supposed to meet her at an indian resturant at eight o'clock or something. Then half past seven, I suddenly get a call from ----- informing me that there is a ladder located ----- , and that I should fetch it and bring it to Blitz as we needed a ladder there the next day; or I needed a ladder to finish some outside decoration's I had been coordinating while barricading the building... Anyhow, after being over 45mins late, and the girl just sending people in front of her in the resturant line for a while I arrived with the very bad excuse; "sorry I'm late, but I had to steal a ladder first..."
  • Tuesday 7th; I was working as band contact for the swedish version of Ane Bun; Nina Kinert. The day was pretty calm, and to everybodys big surprice the concert actually drew about 80-100 people. Not bad as loads of people in the audience had never even heard of her before...
  • Wednesday 8th; This day started out pretty slow, but went pretty eventful during the evening. The Cheaters, The Jessica Fletchers and The Goo Men was playing, and I was working as band contact. As for the last band mentioned, this can be a pretty hazzardious, not to mention fun, experience. After rescuing the band from some self-made deathtraps by removing empty glasses and other impliments of destructions from the stage, leadsinger Arnt almost succeeded in his second attempt to demolish a light bulb over the bar, and I had to run like hell to recover the instruments Gunnar had forgot to bring on stage. Sorry, to The Jessica Fletchers; I owe you a tamburine:)
  • Thursday 9th; Woke up with the phone, realizing I had 5 mins to pack, before picking up THE by.Larm price. I was supposed to bring the sculpture itself, as it had failed to get to Tromsø earlier, and so this guy who's gonna hand it over called to tell me he was abit late; perfect! So luckily, as Goo men's taxi was set to arrive 15mins later than expecpted, I managed to get myself to the airport in time. Pretty fucked up after a few beers and 3 hours sleep I went to the security gate, with the contents of my bag looking like a pretty sophisticated terrorist wetdream. After some very long cheeks and pretty disturbings signals from the guys surveilancing the x-ray machine, I was taken aside to take of my shoes and opening the parcel while thoroughly explaining what it was, I was able board. After arriving Tromsø, checked in, and assigned the concerts I was reveiwing that night, I suddenly sat in some kind of vacum. Not being able to get my luggage to the place I was sleeping, and with everyone else busy or laxing, I felt totally "lost in translation", just hanging around killing time, unable to rest. So after about five hours of wandering the very small citycentre, tasteing some mackøl(beer) at blårock (a very nice rockclub, with one of the greatest poster-collections ever!!!), I finally got started. I was reviewing Draumir, some popish thingey ala Velvet Belly and Ellysian Fields in a more modern wrapping. Then I was at The captian and me; undescribeable hill-billy thingey meets all kinds of folk music, and at the end Ping, who is a cascade of modern music history from Mike patton, via country to pantera; say no more. Finally in about 02.00 I managed to get to bed, somewhat tired I guess...
  • Friday 10th; Got up pretty early, and attended a meeting at one on what to do during the day; I got assign on Quasimojo, Animal Alpha, Brut Boogaloo, and The Fernets. This, at first looked pretty rough as animal alpha started at 2300, brut boogaloo on a different stage at 23.30 and the fernets on the other side of the city centre at 00.00. And then there was deadline at 01.00! Whats a boy supposed to do? So I took it pretty slack untill I got this phonecall from our editor telling me I had an hour to prepare for an interview with Richard Hell at Rica hotel. -With who?!? -Richard Hell, from Television, and Richard Hell and the voidoids... -Uh, ok... The only worse thing to interview, hung over without having breakfast yet, would have been Thurston Moore and me giggeling like a 14 year old girl... Anyhow, the guy seemed really nice, and not very eager to talk about music at all. He rather wanted to talk about how much religion sucked, and loads about his writing.... Rest of day went smooth, and the Animal Alpha concert was this festivals highlight:)
  • Saturday 11th; Woke up under the desk in our press office, with a hotel-maid asking if I could move so she could clean up. Totally bewildered I got to my feet trying to gain concious; after copeing I remembered that I was unable to reach my "host" after a pretty decent nachspiel in one of the hotelrooms with a bottle of cognac and three cases of beer... Shrug! Anyhow saturday was our day off, so it was slacking at blårock all day until The White Birch went on stage at the VG-tent in the central square. Grand concert! After that I went down to see Animal Alpha again, great this time as well, before heading to the lobbybar to celebrate our accomplished newspaper project; free bar this time! After that it all went more blurry, I saw a few concerts, tried to reach the guy I was sleeping at, and.... total blank....
  • Sunday 12th; Deja-vu; woke up under the desk in our press office, with a hotel-maid (the very same from yesterday!) asking (somewhat more asstonished than last morning) if I could move so she could clean up, but then changeing her mind stateing she could do it later, and asking if I knew how long we would use the offices. -Uh, I utter trying to cope agian; -actually I don't... Discovering that I didn't know how I got there at all. The rest of the day went on trying to get my stuff from my host's appartment, but after a few hours and still no luck I decided to resign this project and spend the day laxing at blårock, with some nice baguettes and beers, awaiting my evening flight....

10 comments:

bunnyjo georg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bunnyjo georg said...

The last time I woke up under someone's desk, I had some explaining to do to about how my gum got stuck to his balls. Luckily there wasn't a maid hanging around so I was able to compose myself in (relative) privacy. :)

bunnyjo georg said...

LOVE the Bush countdown meter! LOVE!!!

I'm-a gonna get me one!

DCveR said...

Man, one of the good things of working through a festival is that it tends to be a lot easier on your liver.
Thought Richard Hell had already croaked! Interviewing him? Great!

Im so angry, Im so at ease said...

lol, the Richard Hell thingey came upon me as a vulture, he's next to the greatest hero of all, and there I am trying to kill time in a rather small town in Norway and get the order; interview this guy! WOOOhaaa, I must admit I had some more relaxed start of days, but now I*ve done it. And I KNOW it's braggable:)

bunnyjo georg said...

Hey, just so you know, that was a joke, that thing about waking up under a desk and gum on the balls. heh heh (insert sheepish, nervous laughter here).

I thought I'd one-up you since you are such a wild one. Problem is, I'm not wild, so....
heh heh....
I really need to watch what I post in public! Sheesh!

Im so angry, Im so at ease said...

Haha:) You managed to scare me there...

Anonymous said...

Hepp Mr Tourguy! U have some spare time for us old guys at any time in life? :) Me

Im so angry, Im so at ease said...

Hey, Mathias, my kontantkort was empty yesterday so I was unable to call you back...

Mike said...

You woke up under a desk with a hotel maid? Twice? ;)

Wait, maybe I'm not reading that right...