
...blind-dategirl again yesterday, or she seeked me out at work... Øystein knocks on my shoulder and says that make-out-girl of yours wanna talk to you. Totally smashed with whiskey all over, as a hole bottle had leaked in her purse, she just say hi, and stares for a while, before stating she wants to make out(!). I give her a hug and try to explain -hey, I'm at work here and you are totally smashed out. But she wont listen, and tries to make out, so escaping her attempt and trying to talk to her, she just kept on...I suddenly had shitloads of important tasks to do in uttermost haste. How am I supposed to react to that?!? Hopefully she won't remember, or she'll have serious nerves today. This "thing" is getting weirder every time I see that girl, haha!
Anyhow, at last, I required myself a functional sewing-machine again. So I'm hopefully able to patch some of my worn out clothes, and sew some new ones. It's about time since half my wardrobe is stuck in tromsø since by:Larm and the rest could really use some stiches...

11 comments:
The only way someone can make out with someone who is completely wasted is being wasted too! :)
It's always nice to see a man who's not afraid of sewing machines.
dcver; totally agree:)
viking; sewing machines is the grandest invention since the toothbrush! A mechanical wonder of the twentieth century, and useable for everyone(except insecure persons who think you have to be a grandmother or gay to make or fix your own clothes), I now have three of them; one designer hell from husquarna, wich is their "pearl" from the sixties(now unfunktional but too cool and good looking to toss), One piece of an old industrial machine from the early fifties(not funktional as I lack some spare parts), and now this singer fold-in-a-table thingey(the very first "transformer") wich is very functional, both as shaving table and sewing machine:) I'll post picks of it asap, but the grandest thing about this machine is that all the mechanics are out in the open and attached to the iron frame and not hidden deep inside where you'll need special equippment to fix it yourself, and that part I love! It's like an opensourced mechanical version of those less userfriendly, "virus" infected other two...
I know that these machines have been held in the hands of evil people; thats the guys who invented sweatshops and stuff, they deserve nothing but eternity in hell, as they have abused both the genius of the machine to exploit their fellow humanbeeings to earn earthly wealth, and even been a major actor in our current economical world order through the invention of EPA zones and their eager to mass production at no cost and grand profitts, sadly that is the result of missusing this grand machine... That is just like dynamite in military hands! Totally destructive and with the sole purpose to undermind and destroy, not to build tunnels and make new fields that would earn most peoples interests, but they demolish loads of peoples lives to make a couple of guys insanely powerfull and rich...
Yeah, it's pretty damn sad what we do to other people for money. We'll never have peace if we can't see the value of the human being.
As for sewing machines, I love 'em too! They really are ingenious. It's been years since I've used one though.
My next machine will be a camera obscura, also invented in a time when europe saw the need of culture and had a slight aspect of investing money on peoples ideas and talents, and not bankaccounts and credentials...
You can make a 360º camera obscura, I've had one such camera when I was a kid. A dark room, some cans, some dark thick cloth, something to pierce the camera and you're on the go.
Wow, ISA, you sure do collect some uh...interesting experiences!
I think sewing machines are great, as well. I really like surgers because they cut and create a seam all in one. Make for quick garment-making.
Do you ever watch Project Runway on Bravo? I don't know if you get that channel in Oslo...?
dcver; Yupp, my grandfather built me one once, but the intention was to get one with a propper lens and mirror to use as a drawing instrument
bunnyjo; Yeah I'll glue that one in my scrap-book with the others:)
Actually I have no tv-channels, everything I watch is downloaded from the internet, as I live in a basement and the antenna can't get even the signals from our own national channel...
If you get a chance to watch it, I think you'd really get into it. It's about clothing designers who have to design an outfit in like a few hours with a limited budget and then get judged by top designers and Heidi Klum. It's sew-rageous!
ha, ha! :) You shoul have told me that your wardrobe is stuck in tromsø! I´ve been there twice the last week... Me
Post a Comment