Sunday, April 22, 2007

Slap me...


...silly, but my boss has hired me to be his boss on a permanent basis. That may explain the lack of posts lately. Anyhow; happy days of decissionmaking and powercoruption is here, mua-ha-ha! ...man I'm sell out.... The weirdest thing though is that I've gained a pretty regular sleeping pattern, and thats kinda good, at least for the vessel known as my body. And the job is great; making concerts and events for a greatful audience to attend. But if someone told me two years ago that I was going to be working as a "leader" in a private company I would giggle "yeah, right!"

I've also been asked to do a stage on this years Øya-festival; so not gonna be as calm as expcted this summer. But it's kind of flattering to get the offer, that would also be a giggle matter.... We are going to make a 150 capacity tent, and fill it with litterature, political debates, concerts, statements, and frying politicians. And the annual musicfest is coming up on june the 2nd, so pretty much to do....

Latest concerts; Melvins, astroburger, monzano, xpk, king khan & the bbq 2 times, wholy martin does dylan, tuna laguna, asha ali, turdus musicus 2 times, dinosau, jon auer, thunderbirds are now!, rumble in rhodos, logh, dan fägerquist, casiokids, mi & l'au, and vaiping. Tonight is Bladed, and the last concert in our 6th anniversary celebration. Its been concerts every day for a fourthnight... Gonna be a bit calmer now, so I can start programming the musicfest and yhe Øya tent...

As for festivals; Me will attend All Tomorrows Parties vs. You!!!! So I get to get the hell out of the country on our national day; no fucking flags, and some good beer with a shellac concert in London instead. And I finally get to visit christian... Best though check this line-up;
MODEST MOUSE »
MOGWAI »
EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY »
THE APPLES IN STEREO »
BATTLES »
YO LA TENGO »
LES SAVY FAV »
WILCO »
TRANS AM »
THE THERMALS »
ANNUALS »
OKKERVIL RIVER »
CLINIC »
THE GO! TEAM »
BAT FOR LASHES »
TWO GALLANTS »
DANIEL JOHNSTON »
ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI »
65DAYSOFSTATIC »
SUBTLE »
YOUTHMOVIES »
BUILT TO SPILL »
SPARKLEHORSE »
AKRON FAMILY »
NOTWIST »
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN »
DO MAKE SAY THINK »
DEATH VESSEL »
BRIGHTBLACK MORNING LIGHT »
SHELLAC OF NORTH AMERICA »
MICAH P. HINSON »
THE BOOKS »
BAND OF HORSES »
GRIZZLY BEAR »
EDAN + MC DAGHA »
PATTI SMITH »
GHOST »
ALEXANDER TUCKER »
CAPRICORNS »
TALL FIRS »
CURRENT 93 »
ISIS »
CORNELIUS »
SLINT

This guy is kinda in flames:) And after that the Hove-festival, Roskilde and Træna festival is coming up.... Fortunately I get 11.ooo,- back from taxes, so I'll be able to do festival-jumping without getting bankrupt...

No comments: