Friday, March 16, 2007

I've actually...


...met my big hero from when I was 14; Jay Mascis from dinosaur jr. Kind of weird as he's been the brain behind the "soundtrack" of my life. His music has followed me through every relationship and every phase of life since then and up till now, probaly the guy that triggered my geekishness when it comes to music. And suddenly I was suppose to arrange a gig with him... Pretty aware not to be star-struck, I was happy to discover that he was the total opposite of what I might could expect. He prooved to be a really quiet guy, and when he spoke it was mostly in slow unenthusiastic one-word frases like "yeah", "no" and cool. Anyhow the manager said he was always like that, and that he had a splendid time even though it didn't show. -If he was unsatisfied you would def know it. And after Jay left Bart, the manager, threatned me with bringing back all three from Dinosaur jr., and really rock the place! -Well, come on Bart; bring it!!!

Else I counted that I attended 295 concerts last year; that makes 5.67 a week. Man, I must hate my eardrums!!! And not to mention my lack of ability to actually sit down and relax, scary.... Other concerts the last week have been; Stefan Sundstrøm, offonoff, Micke from sweden, and Tommy Tokyo(again...)


And for me turning bitter and sad; Ungdomshuset is history, a grand loss for all autonome socialcenters. I'll come back to that one later as it's a really complex situation behind all the rioting and clashes with police in Copenhagen... I couldn't make it to Copenhagen for the demonstrations though:( I've been to Ungeren a lot, and it's been an important nerve for anarchists and the radical leftside throughout Europe, at least the northern parts. Dammit, gotta get my ass to work, so I'll take it later....
Anyhow; Fuck faderhuset! Fuck the police!! And Fuck the danish politicians who made the demolition possible!!!

No comments: